Saturday 2 May 2009

Month Two, Day One

This month, I have a whole new Aid to Conception. Its aim is to banish obstructive thoughts I have about my body not being good enough to grow a baby in. This is not, I hasten to add, the result of a perenially battered self esteem or anything dark like that. It's just a general feeling of disbelief about the whole reproductive process, probably stemming from the fact that I was never much into science at school, and found fairy stories far easier to believe in than sperm-meets-egg or everything-is-made-up-of-atoms stories.

Anyway, my new investment - along with ovulation tests, thermometers and hardback baby-making manuals that seem mostly to tell me to eat a lot of broccoli - is a CD for self-hypnosis. No laughing or eye-rolling, please. It states very clearly on the packet that 'More than half of all women using this CD have become pregnant.' So there. All I need to do is lie back, listen to the CD and find myself with child, a la our dear friend the Virgin Mary.

7 comments:

  1. Er - is that all you have to do, Sarah? Listen to the CD, I mean? Isn't there the small matter of sexual intercourse too? Presumably the latter is how the other half of the women got pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's all you have to do, yes. Which is just as well, as my mum reads this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, bugger - you can get self-hypnosis CDs?? SH diet tapes used to work brilliantly for me, so maybe conception ones would've. Hey ho . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bottle of Cotes du Rhone and a chinese used to work for me:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The CD has already had some very interesting effects. More on those anon.

    ReplyDelete